NZFurs Chat forum: Hi All

NZFurry discussion and general chat

[ Back to thread index | Page: 1 ][ Show posts in: thread order | date order ]
TuicatHi All09-Jan-2013 02:25
icon for Tuicat Older dude here, looking to make some new friends.

If you were at Auckland Armageddon this year you may have seen me running around/Cosplaying as King Kazma from Summer Wars.

I think i may have meet a few of you there. A grey & red wolf, leopard spotted cat, and and a blue haired chap by the name of Starfire?

Anyway, you were all really friendly and interesting so i though i'd say hi and see what you guys/galls were all about.

Cheers
TC

IzzyRe: Hi All09-Jan-2013 11:13
icon for Izzy Heya, dude. First time here? I'd definitely love to come to the next Armageddon event here in Auckland; just got here in NZ a month ago so I only heard stories. Yer coming to the meet this saturday, right?
TuicatRe: Hi All09-Jan-2013 12:04
icon for Tuicat I should be able to make it. I might even come as Kaz if the weather is not too blisteringly hot. What's the reaction of the general public to fur-suiters these days? The couple of closed events i've taken him too have been really positive so far.

KyhwanaRe: Hi All11-Jan-2013 19:19
icon for Kyhwana
I think i may have meet a few of you there. A grey & red wolf, leopard spotted cat, and and a blue haired chap by the name of Starfire?

That would be Mordecai and Mohan.. not sure about Starfire..

Anyway, you were all really friendly and interesting so i though i'd say hi and see what you guys/galls were all about.

Welcome! It's not all young furs btw, there are some of us greymuzzles floating around ;)

Are you going to the meet in Auckland at aotea square tomorrow? (Saturday)
YasuRe: Hi All11-Jan-2013 20:34
Welcome! It's not all young furs btw, there are some of us greymuzzles floating around ;)
i would go if i could but no ride so i have to sit this one out if it was at the Auckland Zoo i could of made it
but i wish all who are going a safe trip and be careful on the roads
TuicatRe: Hi All12-Jan-2013 00:14
icon for Tuicat
Yip, I've decided to brave the heat it and go as King Kazma. So if you see a White rabbit in a red jacket that will be me.
Cheers
TC
TuicatRe: Hi All12-Jan-2013 16:48
icon for Tuicat Thanks for a great afternoon out, you really are a bunch of interesting and talented people.
I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Cheers
Tuicat
KyhwanaRe: Hi All13-Jan-2013 21:04
icon for Kyhwana Heya!
Was nice to meet you, hope we didn't scare you too much. ;) (Or at least, the young ones)

TuicatRe: Hi All14-Jan-2013 13:39
icon for Tuicat
Heya!
Was nice to meet you, hope we didn't scare you too much. ;) (Or at least, the young ones)
Na, your all lovely, I've met odder ducks.

Whats the best way to talk to you guys? The forum is a bit on the quite side.
Cheers

*whoops spelling mistake*
KyhwanaRe: Hi All14-Jan-2013 20:20
icon for Kyhwana There's the facebook page, or if you don't do the facebooks, there's the irc channel.

Get an IRC client ( http://www.hexchat.org/home/downloads if you're in windows) and connect to irc://irc.furnet.org/nzfurs
(You should be able to click on the URL once you've installed hexchat, (nor not) otherwise the server is irc.furnet.org port 6667, #nzfurs for the channel name)

I'm usually there, Colin pops on occasionally too.

TuicatRe: Hi All15-Jan-2013 23:57
icon for Tuicat
There's the facebook page, or if you don't do the facebooks, there's the irc channel.
Get an IRC client ( http://www.hexchat.org/home/downloads if you're in windows) and connect to irc://irc.furnet.org/nzfurs
(You should be able to click on the URL once you've installed hexchat, (nor not) otherwise the server is irc.furnet.org port 6667, #nzfurs for the channel name)
I'm usually there, Colin pops on occasionally too.
I managed to get that working. Technical question, Should i be using a SSL connection? Windows gave me a dirty look and told me it was self signed when i tried.