NZFurs Chat forum: New to town

NZFurry discussion and general chat

[ Back to thread index | Page: 1 <a href="/bbs/chat/?show=881&amp;order=thread&amp;page=2">2</a> <a href="/bbs/chat/?show=881&amp;order=thread&amp;page=2">next&raquo;</a> ][ Show posts in: thread order | date order ]
KarlamonNew to town02-Jun-2012 00:02
icon for Karlamon Umm... hai there kiwi furs, quite new here to the NZFurry community. My name is Karl, 18, and I live in the Coromandel, in an area in which I'm the sole furry. Quite lonely in real life and shy too, but have plenty of online friends, and I'm keen on meeting a fur in real life and attending this years FurcoNZ.

If theres anyone who wants to help me fit it, you're free to do so. I would really appreciate it and would be very happy to meet you furs. ^^
Vance OttrinRe: New to town02-Jun-2012 00:52
icon for Vance Ottrin Welcome to the community If I was in the area, and not new to the community myself, I would try to help more. We also have an IRC chat, and many of us are on steam. So yea welcome and feel free to join us on IRC, Ask the others for more info, and if you have steam and want to chat feel free to add me: voicedotter.

So yea. Enjoy the community.
KarlamonRe: New to town02-Jun-2012 11:00
icon for Karlamon
Welcome to the community If I was in the area, and not new to the community myself, I would try to help more. We also have an IRC chat, and many of us are on steam. So yea welcome and feel free to join us on IRC, Ask the others for more info, and if you have steam and want to chat feel free to add me: voicedotter.
So yea. Enjoy the community.

Aww thanks for being so welcoming Vance. Its a pleasure to meet you. :3

However, I'm completely unfamiliar about IRC and I cant get around on how to register. How do I do so? Do I need some special program? It would be really good if you could help me.
Mordecai, KaiRe: New to town02-Jun-2012 15:09
icon for Mordecai, Kai Welcome to the local fandom karlamon :P feel free to txt me on 02102694185 if you want to chat. ^_^ has fun! might see you at this years FURCONZ!!!!! X3
KarlamonRe: New to town02-Jun-2012 15:59
icon for Karlamon
Welcome to the local fandom karlamon :P feel free to txt me on 02102694185 if you want to chat. ^_^ has fun! might see you at this years FURCONZ!!!!! X3

Hehe. Thankies Mordecai. ^^

Would love to chat but I rarely text because it's pricy and signal is very poor where I live. (still on the CMDA!) Could we communicate online (email, Skype) instead? Again thanks. :3
Mordecai, KaiRe: New to town02-Jun-2012 16:18
icon for Mordecai, Kai My email is odstmordecai@hotmail.com its my msn to -_- mbut i dont have a skype to lazy to make one haha =P

KarlamonRe: New to town02-Jun-2012 16:32
icon for Karlamon
My email is odstmordecai@hotmail.com its my msn to -_- mbut i dont have a skype to lazy to make one haha =P
I has added you! :D
KyhwanaRe: New to town03-Jun-2012 13:55
icon for Kyhwana
Would love to chat but I rarely text because it's pricy and signal is very poor where I live. (still on the CMDA!) Could we communicate online (email, Skype) instead? Again thanks. :3

Oop, time to switch to XT already! (Network gets turned off in a month or so)
But welcome. To get on IRC, grab xchat-wdk from http://www.xchat-wdk.org/home and install, then do "/connect irc.furnet.org" and then "/join #nzfurs". (The network is irc.furnet.org, channel is #nzfurs)

KarlamonRe: New to town03-Jun-2012 15:31
icon for Karlamon
Oop, time to switch to XT already! (Network gets turned off in a month or so)
But welcome. To get on IRC, grab xchat-wdk from http://www.xchat-wdk.org/home and install, then do "/connect irc.furnet.org" and then "/join #nzfurs". (The network is irc.furnet.org, channel is #nzfurs)
Yeah, guess I gotta get a new phone soon. ^^;

Is it possible to join the IRC on a Mac?
KyhwanaRe: New to town03-Jun-2012 20:35
icon for Kyhwana
Yeah, guess I gotta get a new phone soon. ^^;
Is it possible to join the IRC on a Mac?

uh sure, try http://colloquy.info/

KarlamonRe: New to town03-Jun-2012 23:06
icon for Karlamon
uh sure, try http://colloquy.info/
Says I need OS X 10.7 Lion, but I'm still on 10.6. I've got Windows XP installed on this machine too, so I'll try to use that. :3
KyhwanaRe: New to town04-Jun-2012 12:45
icon for Kyhwana
Says I need OS X 10.7 Lion, but I'm still on 10.6. I've got Windows XP installed on this machine too, so I'll try to use that. :3

Uh, you could try 2.3, there's a link to the older version that runs on older versions of OS X on the download page.

KarlamonRe: New to town04-Jun-2012 13:15
icon for Karlamon
Uh, you could try 2.3, there's a link to the older version that runs on older versions of OS X on the download page.
Thanks dude. I'm up and running now.
Avril TaylahRe: New to town02-Jun-2012 17:55
icon for Avril Taylah
Umm... hai there kiwi furs, quite new here to the NZFurry community. My name is Karl, 18, and I live in the Coromandel, in an area in which I'm the sole furry. Quite lonely in real life and shy too, but have plenty of online friends, and I'm keen on meeting a fur in real life and attending this years FurcoNZ.
If theres anyone who wants to help me fit it, you're free to do so. I would really appreciate it and would be very happy to meet you furs. ^^

welcomeee!!! :D im also attending furconz this year so see ya there :) haha everyone is very welcoming here so I'm sure you will just fit in perfectly :) so yeah welcome to the community :3
KarlamonRe: New to town02-Jun-2012 22:02
icon for Karlamon
welcomeee!!! :D im also attending furconz this year so see ya there :) haha everyone is very welcoming here so I'm sure you will just fit in perfectly :) so yeah welcome to the community :3
Thanks Avril. Its a pleasure to meet you. You guys really are starting to make me welcome here. :3
Mordecai, KaiRe: New to town03-Jun-2012 12:39
icon for Mordecai, Kai *HUGS!!!*
KarlamonRe: New to town03-Jun-2012 13:06
icon for Karlamon
*HUGS!!!*
*gets hugged and hugs back* Thankies! ^^
Vance OttrinRe: New to town04-Jun-2012 00:53
icon for Vance Ottrin
*gets hugged and hugs back* Thankies! ^^

*Also hugs*

We are a welcoming group of people.
KarlamonRe: New to town04-Jun-2012 09:43